Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New years resolutions

Every year I make New Years resolutions... Every year I resolve to change something major.  Eating habits, exercise... something that effects my day to day.  Every year it seems like my motivation melts away within days... sometimes hours.

This year, I am doing something similar.  First, with diet and exercise, I want to do better.  Not be perfect, not beat myself up for failing and having ice cream... just do better.  Make time for the treadmill, and not eat junk always.

Secondly, with knitting, I am resolving to knit 100 projects with my stashed yarn.  Part of me knows that I have enough for this and so much more.  Then the yarn buying addict whispers in my ear with "Maybe you should just place one more order with Knitpicks... just to be sure."

I am cheating just a little and counting the projects that I have started within the last month... all of which were started with stashed yarn.

1.  Of the Moon shawl

I love this pattern!  This makes project #3 using it.  This one I started a few days ago using some handspun yarn that I got from a craft swap earlier last year.  It's turning out so well that I'm knitting like mad to get it done so I can wash, block, and wear it show it off!

(pics to come once it's finished!)

2.  Pegacorn

This little cutie is going to be for my son's little girlfriend (best friend... they're 5).  She loves horses and unicorns and alacorns.  I think she might pee.  Pics to come.

3. Yet another shawl

I have 4 balls of Reverie worsted yarn in Gemstone from Knitpicks.com that were begging to be stuck with needles.  I started another Of the moon shawl, but I'm not sure how I feel about lacework with haloed alpaca. Pics to come once I decide what its going to be when it grows up.

4. Swiffer covers

I have cotton for days.  Seriously.  it's a sickness.
I wrote a super simple pattern for a cotton swiffer cover. It's cotton, so it's machine washable.  It's garter stitch, so it catches dust / dog hair / grossgrossness. 

C/O 40 stitches onto sz 9us needles with your favorite or leftover cotton.  Knit in garter stitch for 50 rows.  B/O.  Boom. Done.  Repeat until you have blisters on your fingas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment