Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Bibs galore!

I decided to find a pattern that I liked to make some bibs for my daughter...
Little did I know that I would quickly become OBSESSED!!!
Seriously.  I have made, like, 20 of these.
Here is the pattern.
I used Lily Sugar & cream for the majority.  Once I used some Knitpicks Dishie, I used that more frequently.  The end result was so much softer after laundering!  The Sugar & cream can get a little stiff, as I lay them flat to dry.  Otherwise, the edges curl under.
Probably, a press would work worlds better, but I don't have the time on account of the children.
The thing I might change if I made any more... making the garter edge more than 3 stitches.  I think that might help with some of the  curling under business.
Here's how some of mine turned out!
(Of course that's my Z modeling!)
I also did a few variations :

(Sheep and cabled owls!)
I have so much fun with these!  After making one or two, the pattern sticks with you.  I was able to knock out about one a day at first, then after a few were done, it only takes a few hours.
And... they are adorable!


No comments:

Post a Comment